23 August 2019 - Beta Test Update
Implemented improvement suggestions
- Mention the target audience, the experience level, the used methodology
- Providing the content weekly
- Editable PDF
- Stripe with color and words to indicate visually if task, how to, or other item
- Add the feature to increase the speed of videos
- Enable contacting fellow participants to learn together
- Make it part of a bigger story, like Digital Transformation.
Improvement suggestions that I am working on
- handwritten PDFs are difficult to read in parts. It does add to the authenticity
- you could show the main points you talk about as bulletpoints in the video
- Include visual diagrams in the videos.
- there was often the same handwritten PDF shown in the sections, so it seemed incomplete
- Add bullet points to videos
- Add a video summary with keywords
- Mentimeter-Content on iPhone not in sync with Desktop
- Summary per chapter
- How to guides as one pagers
- Examples of how I did that
- Add a discount for startups and small companies
Improvement suggestions that I will not implement and why
- A short quiz to see if I learned something
I have implemented tasks that enable participants to apply that what they have learned inside their job. My focus is application and not to only transfer knowledge without any actionable result.
- 3D, Augmented reality
ROI is bad for me. I have not found a use case yet (outside of e.g. nursing or surgeon training) where the ROI for VR/ AR is positive
- Make the videos more attractive and fun/ You might cut out short sequences where you swallow or hesitate
I understand what is meant, and this is why I also include insights from other sources, so that it is not only me talking. I choose not to entertain people, but share my knowledge with them in the way that I would talk with anyone in real life. All content is for that reason not scripted and I am speaking based on my experience. I want to share my story in an authentic way rather than a polished marketing style. The additional editing would require too much of my resources, making the production time/ energy explode. If I will get negative feedback on the video content, then I will reshoot of course.
- Pricing per course on success could be an interesting pricing scheme for individuals
- Pay only when you achieve the learning goals.
This option is not provided by the teachable platform. I like the idea, also being able to pay upon getting a certificate but unfortunately this is not possible.
Improvement suggestions that are outside of my reach
- Make sure the app is available on more devices
- iPad Version
- iPhone Version: login is hidden
- Breadcrumb navigation
I have submitted a ticket to Teachable Customer Support to address these topics.
- German version for Switzerland would be preferred
- Probably change the video background from time to time so it's not always the same.
I will not have the resources to produce this within the next months